Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
CO-WORKING MEMBERSHIP SPACE AGREEMENT 8.4.2021
In signing up and making payment in Proximity with Co-Working @ The Temple, the community member is agreeing to our terms and policies stated below. Terms will be updated as needed, and each renewal of membership will renew this agreement.
- DESCRIPTION. Co-Working @ The Temple is a shared use of spaces by members for the purpose of business and approved activities. Private and common spaces are offered as available and through the terms in this agreement.
- Members agree to the terms when registering and paying for their membership, and with each renewal of their membership. If terms change, you will be notified during renewal to accept the updated terms before renewing.
- LOCATION Co-Working @ The Temple, 336 S Santa Fe Ave, Salina KS 6740
Membership Access Includes the following areas: (SPECIFIC TO EACH MEMBERSHIP)
NOTE: Guests in the Temple found on other floors or locations other than the location stated in your agreement will be considered trespassing. Use of space may be terminated and future access to the facility will be denied.
- MEMBERSHIP TERMS This Agreement shall start on the date of payment or the date specified on the membership enrollment through Proximity. Terms available: (SPECIFIC TO EACH MEMBERSHIP)
Day Pass grants access to the Co-Working space and during a single period 9 AM - 6 PM.
Weekly Pass grants access to the Co-Working space during a continuous Monday-Friday 9 AM - 6 PM.
Open Desk Monthly Membership grants access to the Co-Working shared space and amenities for a 1 month period, 24 hours and access to doors through Proximity App.
Private Room Monthly Membership grants access to a locked Private room on a monthly basis. This membership also grants access to the shared Co-Working space and amenities and access to doors through Proximity App.
Use of Space Day Pass grants access to a specified area in the Temple during a single period 9 AM - 6 PM.
Use of Space Monthly Membership grants access to a specified area in the Temple for the agreed upon time and usage and access to doors through Proximity App.
Kitchen for Hire Membership grants access to use of the Commercial Kitchen for the agreed upon time and usage and access to doors through Proximity App.
- HOURS OF ACCESS. Doors to The Temple are locked and entry is through use of Proximity App by Membership Access or by Appointment. Doors may be unlocked for periods during events.
- DOOR ACCESS Proximity digital door controller access is available with some paid memberships. Only members and their guests are allowed to enter. Only members are allowed use of the Proximity app. The app login is NOT transferable. Memberships are offered with shared access, and additional members may be added with Proximity.
NOTE: For the safety and security of our spaces, guests and members are NOT allowed to prop doors open, or to offer access to others without express permission from the Executive Director. Violation may result in cancellation of membership and future access to the facility will be denied.
- SERVICES. Community Members may be provided with the following as specified in each membership amenities and details:
Conference Room(s). The Community Member shall be given access to either Conference Room in the Co-Working space when not reserved, on a first come, first serve basis.
Coworking Kitchenette. The Community Member shall have access and use of Kitchen in the Co-working space that includes limited refrigerator and freezer space, sink and cupboard storage. Access and storage is on a first come first serve basis.
Directory & Signage. The Temple shall allow the Community Member to purchase a display of their personal and/or business name, to be mounted on The Temple exterior sign post by and using set specifications and pricing. Please ask Mary Landes for details and approval. Community Members are encouraged to display business cards and brochures on the Co-Working Community Display wall located at the entrance to Co-Working at the Temple. Signage outside of these areas is not permitted without express permission from The Temple Executive Director.
Internet Access. The Temple shall provide premium internet access to the Community Member by supplying a Wi-Fi Username and Password following the execution of this Agreement.
Mailboxes. A mailbox and mailing address are offered for $10/month to monthly members. Keys are available from the Executive Director and are as available.
Printers and workstations are available and are on a first come first serve basis. Printing is limited to 20 copies a day.
- INTERFERENCE. During visits in The Temple, the Community Member agrees to keep activity confined to their spaces. Noises, smells and activity level must not interfere with the other Members and Events at the Temple.
- INSURANCE. Private Space Community Membership requires a policy for liability and renter insurance coverage naming The Temple as insured on the coverage. Copeland Insurance can provide this coverage, or Members may use the insurance agent of their choice. A copy of the policy must be presented to The Temple before the membership is approved.
- PAYMENTS and LATE FEES.
Private Room Memberships are processed on the 15th of each month for the current month.
Shared Coworking Memberships are processed on the 1st of each month for the current month.
Payment is by credit card, and each member must maintain a current credit card on file.
Payment processing is attempted daily for 3 consecutive days with email notifications to the member of the status. A late fee of $10/day will be incurred until payment is fully processed and will be billed as a single separate fee. Access to Temple doors will be denied after 5 days of failed attempt to process. If payment is not received past 30 days, access to the Temple and the space will be revoked until payment is made. After 60 days of non payment, the space will be forfeited.
- PETS. Dogs are welcome at The Temple with the following limitations: Dogs must remain on leash at all times. Dogs must be with the owner at all times. Owners are required to clean-up all messes. Poop bags may be disposed of in our dumpster. Temperment of dogs may be considered interference and dogs may be asked to leave at the discretion of the Temple.
- OPERATING STANDARDS. In accordance with this Agreement, and all other co-working space agreements on the Premises, the Community Member and the Temple Executive Director agree to the following:
No individual or business may conduct any activity within The Temple that, in the sole judgment of The Temple, create excessive traffic or be inappropriate to the other Community Members’ co-working experience;
No individual or business may advertise or have identifying signs or notices that are inscribed, painted, or affixed on any part of the Premises without the express written consent of The Temple;
All Community Members of The Temple shall keep clean any common areas after use. This includes, but is not limited to, conference rooms, call areas, coffee and snack areas, visual equipment, and any other space that may be used by another tenant. If you take it out, put it away. If you open it, close it. If you turn it on, turn it off. Please bag and take out all trash to the outside dumpster;
All Community Members are prohibited from smoking or vaping on The Temple property including the parking lot; and
All Community Members are to operate in a way that is courteous with all other individuals.
The Temple reserves the right to make other reasonable rules and regulations from time to time in order to promote a good co-working environment amongst the Community Members.
- WAIVER. The Temple shall not be liable for any interruption or error in the performance of the services offered under this Agreement. The Community Member waives all liability against the Temple for any claims arising from such disruption of services, specifically, any internet utilities on the Premises. Furthermore, any loss, damage, expense, or injuries to persons or the Community Member’s property arising out of mistakes, omissions, interruptions, delays, errors, or defects in any transmission occurring in the course of furnishing internet services provided are not caused by the willful acts of The Temple, as well as any claim for business interruption and for consequential damage.
Both Parties hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, injury, loss and expenses to or of any portion or property resulting from the acts or negligence of their agents, employees, invitees, and/or licensees while on the Premises.
- DEFAULT. The Community Member shall be considered in default if they should violate any portion of this Agreement. If the Community Member is found to be in violation of this Agreement, The Temple shall give notice that the violation must be corrected or else this Agreement shall be terminated immediately.
- NOTICES. All notices shall be sent to the email address used at registration through Proximity.
- TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. Time is of the essence as to the performance by the Community Member and all covenants, terms and provisions of this Agreement.
- SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement or the application thereof shall, for any reason and to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, neither the remainder of this Agreement nor the application of the provision to other persons, entities or circumstances shall be affected thereby, but instead shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- INDEMNIFICATION. The Temple shall not be liable for any damage or injury to the Community Member, or any other person, or to any property, occurring on the Premises, or any part thereof, or in common areas thereof, and the Community Member agrees to hold the Landlord harmless from any claims or damages unless caused solely by the Landlord's negligence. It is recommended that renter's insurance be purchased at the Community Member's expense.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement is to be governed under the laws located in the State where the Premises is located.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains all the terms agreed to by the parties relating to its subject matter including any attachments or addendums. This Agreement replaces all previous discussions, understandings, and oral agreements. The Temple and Community Member agree to the terms and conditions and shall be bound until the end of the Lease Term.